PADS VX.2.4 Update 3
PADS VX.2.4 Update 2 is available
New PADS VX.2.4 is now available!
On this page (as well as on our pages in LinkedIn and Facebook) we publish information about new versions, important issues and useful tips from the support. Also you can register to our mailing list for newletters.
In technical questions you can contact us directly to tuki(at)designsystems.fi or dropping a phone call.
- a script to convert a bitmap to a 2D lines object, useful for logos etc.
- CAM settings (gerber and ncdrill).
- IPC-D-365A script. This script checks the offsets in Gerber and Excellon documents, and will use the same offset. This eliminates the need to reposition the origin point in the CAM tool when the netlist check is performed. If it finds multiple offsets, a warning is generated, and the user can easily fix the CAM document containing unexpected offsets..
- Stacked via- tool helps to easily create all via from-to combinations between layers. When the layout is completed, it will create NC drill files based on the "pass through layer" information rather than the standard "Drill pair".
- Centroids script example. This scripts uses the drill size of the first pin of the decal to define whether the part is an SMT or a though hole component. It is a good starting point for custom modifications.
- PADS ES Suite 3D viewer quick instructions.
- recommended basic settings for Router to maximize interactive performance.
FlexNet & licensing:
- if the new PADS license doesn't activate the older version, you need to update the "Mgc.pkginfo" file. This is done using the "Mentor License Utility". The link to the instructions.
- how to install or update the FlexNet license server and client.
Useful web links:
- www.3dcontentcentral.com contains huge number of free 3D models for components. Download to get better 3D in PADS 3D viewer.
- www.nxp.com contains packaging information with pad sizes and paste/mask recommendations and various soldering information.
- www.partquest.com is a place to find PADS Designer/Layout/Professional and Xpedition library parts.
- Support Center (Mentor) Mentor's support on web. See for updates, tech tips, application notes etc.